Lous and The Yakuza is 2020’s Artist of the Year! But there are, in fact, loads more winners!
After Zwangere Guy crushed the competition in 2019, this year’s Red Bull Elektropedia Awards ended up being split between the most prominent nominees during an online TV show on Wednesday, October 28. In addition to the winners, the show featured Arno, Flo Windey, Vinz Kanté, Chrostin, Average Rob, Sofie Dumont, Blu Samu, and Hakim & Faisal Chatar.
Watch the entire 2020 Red Bull Elektropedia Awards again here:
Lous and The Yakuza received the Artist of the Year award. The pop phenomenon also finished second in the Best Song and Best Album categories, with last year’s Artist of the Year, Zwangere Guy, taking home the Best Album award for BRUTAAL. That album’s artwork also won the Marc Meulemans Award.
‘God Bless’ by Hamza ft. Damso is the Best Song of the year, and leading hip-hop producer Ashley Morgan won the Red Bull Elektropedia Award for Best EP (LETGOLETGOLETGO). For the second time in her career, techno queen Charlotte de Witte was crowned as Best Producer. And the award for Best Remix went to Susobrino (for his take on Tsar B’s ‘Alibi’).
Eefje de Visser managed to capitalise on her many nominations as well: her music video for ‘Bitterzoet’, directed by Tobi Jonson, is this year’s Best Video. Furthermore, according to the audience and jury (that each have 50% of the vote in all categories), David Numwami is this year’s breakthrough artist: he finished first in the Fresh on the Scene category.
Finally, Fake Records (Brihang, IKRAAN, SPREEJ, ...) won the Red Bull Elektropedia Award for Best Label. And like every year, three musicians were named Most Promising Artist: MEYY, Smahlo, and Tsugi.
Artist of the Year
1. Lous and The Yakuza
2. Zwangere Guy
3. Charlotte de Witte
1. Zwangere Guy – BRUTAAL
2. Lous and The Yakuza – Gore
3. Damso – QALF
1. Ashley Morgan – LETGOLETGOLETGO
2. Charlotte de Witte – Selected
3. Martha Da’ro – Cheap Wine & Paris
1. Hamza ft. Damso – God Bless
2. Lous and The Yakuza – Tout est gore
3. Zwangere Guy ft. Blu Samu & Yseult – BRUTAAL
1. Tsar B – Alibi (Susobrino Remix)
2. Róisín Murphy – Something More (Soulwax Remix)
3. Freddie Konings ft. Purple Goonz – 32 Barz (Zwangere Guy Remix)
1. Charlotte de Witte
2. Le Motel
3. Ashley Morgan
Fresh On the Scene
1. David Numwami
1. Eefje de Visser – Bitterzoet (Tobi Jonson)
2. Angèle – Oui ou non (Brice VDH)
3. blackwave. – Bittersweet Baby (Heleen Declercq)
Marc Meulemans Award
1. Zwangere Guy – BRUTAAL (TOYKYO & Sebastian Steveniers)
2. Compact Disk Dummies – Neon Fever Dream (Athos Burez)
3. Le Motel – Transiro (Le Motel)
1. Fake Records
3. Top Notch Belgium
Most Promising Artists